As we learned earlier, the bulk editor allows users to update up to 3 metafields for all products (or any other resource type) or a filtered selection with just a couple of clicks. Assuming that you're familiar with the bulk editor, let's skip the basic configuration steps. However, feel free to check out the article linked above for more details, if needed.
Let's walk the process of configuring the bulk editor for editing metafield namespace/key combination step by step:
1) Select the "Change key or namespace" option form a drop down menu;
2) Enter old (current) metafield namespace;
3) Enter old (current) metafield key;
4) Enter new metafield namespace (in case you need to change the key only, you have to keep the old namespace);
5) Enter new metafield key (in case you need to change the namespace only, you have to keep the old key);
Here is a screenshot of what a configured bulk action for changing the key only would look like:
However, if you'd like to change namespace or key (or both) for more than one metafield, you may want to click on the "Add new action" button (figure 6) and repeat the steps 1 to 5 (figure 7). This time, let's see what would the bulk action look like if we're going to change both namespace and key:
Please note that bulk actions are irreversible. We encourage users to create a metafield backup using the data export feature prior to running any bulk actions.