Shopify Flow is a tool for configuring automated tasks in your Shopify admin panel. No coding or development skills required. Use a visual builder to add triggers, conditions and actions logic to create your own workflow. Sounds great, but it does have some limitations. Shopify Flow is available only for stores subscribed to the Shopify Plus, Advanced, or Shopify plans or those that use the Shopify Fulfillment Network.
Shopify Flow can be used to execute various automated tasks for different resource types: products, customers, orders, etc. Add an order note or send an email to the customer if order total exceeds $300? Yep, you can do that. Change product status if stock level drops below 100? Sure, you can do that too. But in this tutorial we're going to focus on configuring a metafields-related workflow.
Before we proceed, please make sure that:
1) You have installed the Shopify FLow app;
2) Your store's plan matches Shopify requirements;
3) Your current Metafields Guru plan supports Shopify FLow.
Navigate to Apps section of Shopify admin panel and select our app:
Go to the "Automation" tab of our app's menu. By the way, you can pin our app (1) to your navigation panel (2) for quick and easy access:
Follow the instruction found on this page:
What's the advantages of using our app's custom actions instead of default Shopify Flow actions? There are two major reasons:
1) While the default action only supports the "string" metafield type, our custom action supports all existing metafield types.
2) Our app's got a neat generator for Flow variables: